To All Members and Friends of UUCOB:
We, the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Outer Banks, extend a warm welcome
to you. We invite you to join us in the celebration of life and the search for its meaning. Our members form a diverse group with various religious backgrounds.
- Have you felt a need for a spiritual community that values your whole life, welcoming you as you are and recognizing that every life has extraordinary possibilities?
- Have you ever wished for a religious community that finds inspiration in all the world’s religious traditions, in nature’s beauty, in poetry, stories, music, and art, and in the discoveries of science?
- Have you wondered if faith and love could guide spiritual and religious people to work for equity and justice, for peace and freedom, for equal rights for all people in this world, in this lifetime?
- Have you wanted to be part of a community of love who celebrate each other’s joys, who comfort and support each other in times of trouble, who strengthen and encourage each other for the work of making a better world, and who welcome and celebrate each other’s quest for truth and meaning?
For over 30 years the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Outer Banks has been building just such a spiritual community. We would love to share it with you. We hope you’ll enjoy exploring this website and our Facebook page, but most of all we would be glad to welcome you to a Sunday service at our Meetinghouse on Kitty Hawk Road. Come as you are!
Weekly Announcements from November 15, 2018
SUNDAY SERVICE – November 18, 10:30 AM
Rev David Morris “The Courage of Convictions”
Elections matter, but they are not the deciding factor in the future of a nation. We, the people, are.
Rev. David’s Sunday Salon Join Rev. David and others after this Sunday’s service for an open-topic, facilitated conversation. Feel free to bring refreshments to share.
REV. DAVID’S QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
who sings to us in silence,
who teaches us through each other.
Guide my steps with strength and wisdom.
May I see the lessons as I walk,
honor the Purpose of all things.
Help me touch with respect,
always speak from behind my eyes.
Let me observe, not judge.
May I cause no harm,
and leave music and beauty after my visit.
When I return to forever
may the circle be closed
and the spiral be broader.
Do you begin your day with an intention, an aspiration, a blessing? How might such a practice affect your days?
NOTES from REV. DAVID:
Join us for Thanksgiving at the Meetinghouse Thursday, November 22, serving at 2 PM
Thanksgiving Dinner at the Meetinghouse: Are you far from family this Thanksgiving? Does the idea of preparing and cleaning up after the whole feast seem too daunting to face? Is there someone you know who might not have Thanksgiving dinner without an invitation? Come share Thanksgiving at UUCOB! Rev. David provides turkey, dressing, mashed and sweet potatoes and gravy; all the other ingredients are YOUR favorite Thanksgiving sides. Come enjoy great food, good company, and an swift team cleanup with us! Sign up after this Sunday’s service or email David at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanksgiving Community Worship Sunday, November 18, 4 pm
North Dare Ministerial Association, which includes Rev. David Morris and Jewish Community of the Outer Banks Lay Leader George Lurie, offers their annual Community Thanksgiving Worship Service this Sunday, November 18, at Outer Banks Presbyterian Church at 4 PM. Come join us for beautiful music and a meaningful service shared with our neighboring faith communities!
NEWS and NOTES
Cultural Crossroads Events Series
For a schedule of all upcoming series events, click this link: Cultural Crossroads Events Schedule
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR THESE UPCOMING EVENTS
|Saturday||11/17||7:00 pm||Cultural Crossroads, Lucinda McKethan|
|Sunday||11/18||Noon||Rev. David’s Sunday Salon|
|Sunday||11/18||4:00 pm||Thanksgiving Community Worship|
|Saturday||12/01||7:00 pm||Cultural Crossroads – Movie Night & Discussion “Black Nativitiy”|
- Please visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UUCOB
- Each time you make a purchase on Amazon, UUCOB can receive a small percentage of the sale. How? Go to smile.amazon.com (this is Amazon’s giving site) instead of amazon.com. Designate Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Outer Banks as your non-profit of choice and a portion of the sale will be donated to UUCOB. Every little bit helps!