As a small congregation with a big heart, UUCOB has plenty of opportunities for you to be involved and make a difference within our congregation and the greater community. UUCOB has many members and friends who share their time, talents, and effort to support our congregation and make our Outer Banks community a better place to live.
Members and Friends of UUCOB get together for many seasonal traditions, including decking the halls each December. The Greening of the Sanctuary brings joy each year to the holiday season.
If you are interested in getting involved at UUCOB, following are a few opportunities:
- You can seek spiritual growth by attending Sunday services, reading UU materials, participating in discussion groups, attending UUCOB special events, and engaging in thoughtful conversations with other UUCOB congregants.
- You can be a part of our Caring Committee that offers care and support for members and friends of our congregation in need.
- You can help get our message out to the greater community by assisting with our UUCOB website, Facebook page, or other publicity efforts.
- You can participate in our Sunday services as a lay leader, Sexton, Greeter, musician, or presenter. Share your ideas with our Program Committee.
- You can assist our Minister with administrative tasks, allowing our Minister to spend more time on regular ministerial duties.
- You can volunteer to become a candidate for election to either our Board of Directors or Congregational Committees.
- You can help address the financial needs of our congregation by offering a pledge or helping to organize one of our fundraising events.